|These are the best ways to recover from a workout and the best ways to prevent injury.|
|The following article outlines the most effective ways to recover from workouts and prevent injuries while training for your next race. Rub it, Drink it, Freeze it, Work it!
Don’t let winter training take its toll on your body—4 things to do after every workout so you’re ready to take on your next tough effort.Rub It
As if you needed another excuse to get a massage, here’s one more: Experts say that rubbing down muscles after exercise is as effective in preventing soreness than aspirin or other pain medicine. In a recent report in the journal Science Translational Medicine, researchers from the Buck Institute for Research on Aging in Novato, Calif., write that massage slows production of chemicals in the body linked to swelling, soreness and inflammation. Not only that, a good rub down increases blood flow and promotes the formation of mitochondira—which our body needs to create energy. So go ahead, book some time on the table after your next hard effort (or just grab your foam roller and self-massage). Your muscles will thank you.
- Triathlon and Multi-Sport Website www.swimbikerun.com is For Sale or Lease!!
- Triathlon Transition Tips | Triathlon Supplies Checklist
- The site http://www.swimbikerun.com is for sale!!
- For Sale!
- Successful People
- The Question….?
- 11 Epic Race-Day Fails…and How to Avoid Them
- Visual Cues to Make You a Better Swimmer – By Jené Shaw
- Add sprints into your training to round out your Fitness!!